EBSQ and New Kauai Painting

5 May

I’ve been very excited this week, as I have finally joined EBSQ and begun setting up my profile!

EBSQ is an online artist community and portfolio site. Our easy-to-use tools empower artists to create a web presence for their art within minutes, allowing you to connect with other artists and art lovers world wide.

EBSQ is made up of artists, photographers, crafters, and people who simply love art. Pretty much every continent is represented. Pretty much every media is represented, too. Our members come from all walks of life. Some are emerging artists. Some went to art school. Some even taught art school.

You can visit my profile by clicking on the EBSQ logo on the right side bar.

I’m also excited today to introduce you to my newest painting. It’s been a long year with little sun here in the Northwest. I find my mind and heart, more and more frequently, going back to my beloved island, Kauai!

On my last trip there, though I took some art supplies, I made it a goal to take lots of reference pictures so I could paint Kauai when I got home.

Tuesday, I spent the whole day painting. I prepared and began to work on a new “Enchanted” painting, and I painted this scene of Bali Hai. It is from one of the reference pictures I took – kayak and all!

Bali Hai was made famous in the musical South Pacific. It’s on the North Shore, and this is looking towards one of the best snorkeling beaches on the island.

You can click the picture to the page where it is for sale!

Thanks for visiting today. Time to get moving… I’m aching to get back into the studio to complete my next painting!

TTFN

About these ads

7 Responses to “EBSQ and New Kauai Painting”

1. Amanda Makepeace May 6, 2011 at 6:24 am #

You’re in the EBSQ Friday Five!

2. Kimmy Vanlandingham May 6, 2011 at 7:19 am #

I love EBSQ and I’m so glad you’ve joined! Congrats on making the Friday Five too!

3. Sherry May 8, 2011 at 4:00 pm #

Melanie…Welcomed you in the forums but as a fellow artist, let me give you an official welcome here…enjoy your work…(-:

4. Grace May 10, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

This sounds like a great site and I’m going to check it out. I am a sculptor and always love meeting other artists.
    Thanks for visiting my site today and I’m returning the love and of course stumbling this post.
    I’ll leave a link to my one of my sculptures on my blog in case you’d like to see it.
    I’ll be back so I followed you on GFC and I’ll go see if you have a facebook page to join as well.
    Have a great week.
    here is my wood spirt (made in clay)

5. Sara May 11, 2011 at 7:07 am #

I like it. It’s very beautiful.

I stumbled you. My post is http://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/2011/05/beauty-queens.html

6. Darcy May 11, 2011 at 7:13 pm #

That is a beautiful painting! It’s vibrant and cheerful, yet calming.

New follower and stumbled you back :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. EBSQ Friday Five « EBSQ: Art Meets Blog v2.0 - May 6, 2011

[...] EBSQ and New Kauai Painting – One of our newest members gave a shout out on her blog. I couldn’t resist returning [...]